Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Some thoughts about the last two weeks...
Ok, so I haven’t written anything since forever. I would like to say that I have been so busy working on finding a job or volunteering or something like that but the reality is that I am doing none of that.
Two weekends ago we went to Cape Cod to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary. We had a great time and I even met some of my husband’s coworkers. We came back on Tuesday because I HAD to watch the Mexico match of the World Cup. They did ok. And then the week went by and I really didn’t do too much of anything but read. I read and read and read. Finished Bright Lights, Big Ass from Jen Lancaster and then read her whole blog and then read The Perfect Fit – Louise Kean.
I just picked up The Department of Lost and Found – Allison Winn Scotch. Good book so far.
Then this previous weekend we got ready for our 1st yard sale. It was a total success and we got around 50 people. Yep, you read correctly. I think that the part that we enjoyed the most is talking to people. My husband really enjoys talking to strangers and hearing their stories. On the other hand, our living space is cleaner and I feel less crowded in my bedroom. Anyway, I think it is time to find a place for us. We need a space for our family of 3. I find myself wishing to do laundry on my own washer and dryer machines. Every weekend I wish I could go to take a nap in the middle of the day without having to be worried about what people can think of me.
Through this process I have also found out once and again that it takes very little possessions to live an everyday life. Every time we go to the storage facility to open our boxes I realized that all those belongings I swore I needed with me are not really that important.
More and more I find myself looking at the houses that are for sale around the neighborhood. I just want my own space!
Ok, after I took that out of my chest some good news. I found some clothes from a smaller size ago and they fit. I was very happy to see that walking every day and eating consciously is having positive results on my body. Now I just have to keep up at it.
Also, I resolved that my little project about writing the story of my family will have to be done in Spanish. I wasn’t born or raised speaking English so it is going to be very hard to write something really good in this language. I just need to find the will to start…wish me good luck!
.jpg)
1 comments:
Great job on fitting into the smaller size! And thanks for the tip about salsa. :)
Post a Comment