Friday, June 4, 2010
The fist week of June is here!!
Well, we are at the end of the first week of June and I realized I haven’t posted anything since last Friday. It is interesting because I have so many thoughts about what to post and then all these nice ideas stay in my brain and never made it to the actual blog.
I think I will start with a little summary of our nice past long weekend. It was Memorial Day weekend and my husband and I had a blast. Saturday we babysat and then went for dinner with my in-laws. It was my mother in-law treat and it was very good. When your parents or parents in law take you out for dinner it is an opportunity to go back to the time when you have no worries because someone else was taking care of you and your needs (like when you were 8 years old).
After that we went to a party, my husband saw a ton of his old friends and I was introduced to like 20 people, I have recollection of 2 names…yes, I am sooo bad with names! I don’t know why I cannot remember them, I am thinking in looking for a book that has tricks on how to retain names.
Then, my week started formally on Tuesday with a root canal, yeah! I had it done 5 years ago and apparently the girl that did it, didn’t do a great job. No wonder why her hands were shaking when she was working on it. Anyway, I went to one of this specialty places where the only thing they do are root canals, after I saw the price I realized I definitely got into the wrong industry.
After that, I have been trying to do stuff around the house or around myself but nothing. I babysit Thursday and went for a walk all mornings with Luci, yeah me and the dog! Anyway, after writing this long list of activities I realized I haven’t been very close to achieve the things I said I was going to do, that is a topic for another posting.
One of the things that I do and like is the fact that I have been reading a lot. Since I discovered the public library I feel so happy. This week I finished Looking for a Love Story – Louise Shaffer. It is a chick-lit story but I liked it. It always amazed me how you can identify with the people from the books. In this case, one of the main problems of the main character is that she could not stop eating, she was so emotionally involved with the problems she had in writing her next novel that chocolate seemed like the only way to go. I identified with her because although I do love food, I am an emotional eater myself. If things are bad, then I eat comfort food, if things are going well, then I eat to celebrate and the occasions to eat just keep coming my way.
Now, what I do to stop doing that is that before I put something on my mouth I ask myself these questions - Do I really need to eat this? – Is this good for my body? Is this in line with my objectives? And many times that has stopped me from stuffing my mouth with something that wasn’t necessarily the healthiest thing in the fridge or in the menu. Another thing that I discovered that helps is just to be very careful with portion control i.e. I love potatoes and over here there are a fixing of EVERY supper we have. I just either take a spoon of mash potatoes or 5 cubes of roasted potatoes. Good for me, good for my body. It seems I have other things I want to write about so next posting!
I think I will start with a little summary of our nice past long weekend. It was Memorial Day weekend and my husband and I had a blast. Saturday we babysat and then went for dinner with my in-laws. It was my mother in-law treat and it was very good. When your parents or parents in law take you out for dinner it is an opportunity to go back to the time when you have no worries because someone else was taking care of you and your needs (like when you were 8 years old).
After that we went to a party, my husband saw a ton of his old friends and I was introduced to like 20 people, I have recollection of 2 names…yes, I am sooo bad with names! I don’t know why I cannot remember them, I am thinking in looking for a book that has tricks on how to retain names.
Anyway, after that we left early Sunday to Portland, Maine. What a place! I just loved the environment, a town that is by the sea, excellent eats, tons of seafood, free spirited artists and tons of little shops to go in. I think that one of the things that I liked the most was the fact that many of the places were supporting and supported by locals, that is a great way to live. Then I started thinking that MA, at least where I live, is based on that. I think that there are 5 family owned businesses at least on each street by where I live, isn’t that great? We came back on Monday afternoon and brought some fresh seafood to eat with my in laws, I just love lobster so it was the perfect way to finalize a great great weekend.
Then, my week started formally on Tuesday with a root canal, yeah! I had it done 5 years ago and apparently the girl that did it, didn’t do a great job. No wonder why her hands were shaking when she was working on it. Anyway, I went to one of this specialty places where the only thing they do are root canals, after I saw the price I realized I definitely got into the wrong industry.
After that, I have been trying to do stuff around the house or around myself but nothing. I babysit Thursday and went for a walk all mornings with Luci, yeah me and the dog! Anyway, after writing this long list of activities I realized I haven’t been very close to achieve the things I said I was going to do, that is a topic for another posting.
One of the things that I do and like is the fact that I have been reading a lot. Since I discovered the public library I feel so happy. This week I finished Looking for a Love Story – Louise Shaffer. It is a chick-lit story but I liked it. It always amazed me how you can identify with the people from the books. In this case, one of the main problems of the main character is that she could not stop eating, she was so emotionally involved with the problems she had in writing her next novel that chocolate seemed like the only way to go. I identified with her because although I do love food, I am an emotional eater myself. If things are bad, then I eat comfort food, if things are going well, then I eat to celebrate and the occasions to eat just keep coming my way.
Now, what I do to stop doing that is that before I put something on my mouth I ask myself these questions - Do I really need to eat this? – Is this good for my body? Is this in line with my objectives? And many times that has stopped me from stuffing my mouth with something that wasn’t necessarily the healthiest thing in the fridge or in the menu. Another thing that I discovered that helps is just to be very careful with portion control i.e. I love potatoes and over here there are a fixing of EVERY supper we have. I just either take a spoon of mash potatoes or 5 cubes of roasted potatoes. Good for me, good for my body. It seems I have other things I want to write about so next posting!
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment