Thursday, May 27, 2010

When you know, you know!

I haven’t posted anything since last Friday. It is time to write something for my own sanity. I spent all week doing nothing but devoting time to myself. Last weekend was pretty good by the way, went for a 14 mile walk around Boston and then Sunday went to the casino with my husband’s family, it was actually a lot of fun.


Then Monday came, my mother in law was off so I decided to take the day off with her haha! So I didn’t go to the library or did anything to improve my job search. I did go for a walk with Luci. Then Tuesday came, then Wednesday.

Yesterday I was kind of bored and feeling that I needed a change. So spent like 20 mins at the library and went to see Michelle, the girl that does my hair. I didn’t have an appointment but she wasn’t busy at all so we spent the next 4 hours changing my haircut and my color, I got some purple color on my hair and then got a new haircut. It is shorter and ideal for this very humid season. I loved it and left the Bella Hair‎ Salon feeling like a million bucks.

Today, well today was an attempt to do something towards my job search, went to the library AND spent the following 4 hours working on my email, looking at some jobs posted and talking to friends which is far more rewarding that applying for jobs. I forgot to mention that I spent Tuesday reading Fashionably Fit. Sam sent me the link and I wanted to know this girl so I read all her postings. Yes, it was like reading a book because it took me all day. I was just very happy to see the progress of someone that was determined to achieve something in her life. I also enjoyed her tips in saving money and losing weight. Ashley actually introduced me to other blogs and I copied some ideas for my own use.

Anyhow, yesterday I had a realization. I have been reading Shannon Wallis' website -  The Yellow Arrow. Shannon gave me classes in Spain and her classes were pretty good. Then my friend Ingrid got me the link and I have been following her advice. She is like a life coach but for big corporations. She starts very smartly working on the individual and then the sum of all the efforts allows companies to achieve their goals. Shannon says that the beginning of the process of achieving your goals is to know what you want. Yes, What do you want? She also says that you have to put that question on your brain and even if you don’t have the answer, the answer will come to you at some point because the brain doesn’t leave questions without answers. So I gave my brain the questions. What do I want?

The answer came to me yesterday when Michelle was washing my hair. I want a baby. Yep, just like that it came to me, I want to be a mommy! And all of the sudden like the other things in my mind fell in place. I think my husband will be able to get a job that will support this little family. Not with luxuries but we will be fine. Then I realized that I will look and find a job with a company that puts motherhood as a priority, and with time my other goals such as helping my family in Mexico and doing something good for the community will come to me. Just like that.

So today I didn’t feel that overwhelming feeling that I don’t have a job, don’t know where to go bla bla. I feel very content with where I am today. Grateful to God for the opportunity to be where I am.

I think that even though I haven’t rewritten my resume as I said before and I haven’t looked for other jobs I have a direction. I feel happy. I am happy.
Today I am happy.

1 comments:

Samara Link said...

Ale, this is wonderful! It's very nice that you had a good weekend last weekend getting to know your new city and enjoying family. I'm glad you liked the blog link I sent you, and it's so nice you're getting to the basics of finding out what you want. What a fun conclusion to reach -- that you're feeling ready to work towards making a family! You'll make an awesome mom!!! And you and Henry will be great parents, I think. It's exciting and nice to hear that you are happy and feeling content. What a great place to be! Thank you for sharing an update and letting your readers now where and how you are right now. Keep up the great work. You're an inspiration!!