Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday - Detox again

Ok, so as I was saying the last time I typed here, I am going to give it a try again. I went to the library yesterday and took the South Beach Diet book with me. Interesting enough, two years ago I lost around 20 pounds on this diet and because life happens I trow away all that good work.
Anyway, I am determined this time to make the change for life. I want to be healthy and want to fit on my old clothes again!
It was interesting to read the beginning of the book because the last time I did the online version. The book has a much better explanation of the health side and it made much more sense to me.
So today is my first day on the Phase I. I enrolled my friend L to be my couch from AZ, I will be sending her my daily menus so she can look at them.
I named this posting detox because I will be eating very basic food for the next two weeks, no sugars, no dairy, no bread, no carbs in general so it is kind of a detox to get rid of the cravins. It is hard for me since I like bread and sweets so much but I have to do it.
I hope this time I can reach my goal to be on a decent weight by my birthday that is going to be in July...35 years old!
In between today and my birthday there will be some important dates as well. My reunion with my friends in March, my dad's 60th birthday in April...and hopefully a new job too!
I weighed in too, what a horrible experience. I recorded the weight and won't go there until next Monday.
Well, wish me good luck!!

0 comments: